The companyOur client is a professional Food organisation, based in Utrecht Netherlands. This is an unique opportunity to work for one of the biggest food companies of the world.
Role descriptionIn this role you will support the analytical goals of HMR/AAD by your senior expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies.
Your analytical focus will include ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC, for structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (oligosaccharides, peptides /proteins, metabolites. Application of preparative SEC and MALDI-MS of biomolecules might also be required in future.
Responsibilities- Conduct lab analysis utilizing the aforementioned technologies on a daily basis and in close cooperation with other departments like our product development department.
- Develop or adapt new analytical methods for novel projects. Finally, evaluation, (scientific) interpretation, reporting and presentation of results in alignment with your teamleader will be part of your role.
- Depending on future evolution of the position, you are also ready to take over responsibility for technical and scientific research projects and are willing to guide other team members if required.
Requirements- Senior Technician or engineering/ diploma/ master/ bachelor degree in Biotechnology or Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry, Biology or similar (nature sciences)
- At least 3-5 years of hands on ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC, optionally also preparative SEC and MALDI-MS experience in life science research or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows.
-Optionally you have state-of-the-art expertise in application of UV/RI-HPLC and biochemical methods such as ELISA, 2D-gel-electrophoresis, enzymatic protein digestion, SPE sample pretreatment as well as lab automation using robotic devices (Hamilton lab robot).
- You are skilled in usage of the necessary software to run the described analytical instrumentation (e.g. Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent) etc..
-You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools utilizing e.g. PCA and related software solutions.
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical and scientific projects and you are ready to present results to scientists and managers.
-You have senior experience in (bio-) analytical method development as well as in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows.
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a teamplayer, open minded and creative.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English, other languages (German, Dutch, French) would be a plus
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Joris Opdam.